Monday, October 6, 2008

Longing for a simpler life

My world seems like it spins around constantly and as hard as I try, I can never keep up. There is never a free weekend and although I love my family, they are always visiting! I work 40 hours a week and it seems like every other waking hour is planned out weeks in advance. I feel like an idiot when I have to schedule weird hours just to see some of my friends! I have been praying that the Lord will make it possible for me to cut back to part time in the VERY near future. This life of running around like crazy is taking it's toll on me. I admire those who seem like they never skip a beat and can accomplish so much and do everything with excellence. I don't know if that's just the way God made me or if I need to ask Him to work on those areas in my life. I want to be a super-wife and someday super-mom, but I need God's strength to help me. The life He has called Kourtney and I to is a life that will be lived devoted to others and not ourselves. The hard thing is that I want to do everything well at home and in ministry. Doing both is hard. If you read this could you please lift up a prayer for me? Specifically that I would put my priorities in order and learn how to say no to things that will take my focus off the Lord (that may even be ministry sometimes!) and that the Lord will teach me to be faithful to Him. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faith you are so sweet. I will be prayingfor you, I use to struggle with this kind of thing too. Work, David and the kids and the house HAD to be spotless. You may be called to a life of ministry, but try to let others minister to you as well, take time for yourself and to be with Kourtney, everyone has to get a grip sometimes to reflect and regain focus. It is nothing to be ashamed of. As for being a super-wife and super-mom, I have learned to realize they love me even when I am not, and that is most often the case! I will pray that you gain a peace over this, and for some rest, and for the job situation!

Love,
Jessica

Jen said...

Praying for you...

I think what you are talking about is a learned skill. It just takes time and intimacy with the Lord. We all struggle with that balance, but be encouraged that the Lordis a faithful teacher and will help you be a good steward of the time He has given you. Blessings to you!