Friday, October 17, 2008

Ten Things I Love About My Husband

I was checking out a few blogs today came across an amazing, colorful one. I'm realizing blogging is one of those things that stay at home mom's use to connect with the outside world. Although I am not one of those yet, I try my hardest to inform people about random things in my world. You are probably wondering why I titled my blog "Ten things I love about my husband." I'm getting to that part now.

10. He's clean (okay, the guy takes about 3 showers a day on average and even when he looks like a bearded mountain man, he's still spanking clean!)
9. He rides his bike to work (being a one car couple can be rough, but my guy is not afraid to ride his bike all over town!)
8. He randomly tells me I don't have to cook and we are going to a scrumptious place to eat (for instance last night - Bravo it was!)
7. He's the perfect balance between technology and outdoors (so the technology thing has taken some time to learn, but he's not afraid to do it and not giving up when it doesn't make sense! oh, and he still can get down and dirty (outdoors, that is *wink*) and cut some killer trees down or mulch and entire yard in one day. basically, my husband is a man's man, not a sissy)

6. He graceously welcomes guests at all times (when you live in the Zahn household - or Storer and Bailey for that matter, you can expect that people will be flying in from all parts of the country at any given time of the month. Kourtney, even with his hecktic, busy life always makes time to spend quality time with each visitor. Of course, a trip to the Sandia Crest is always on the agenda! )
5. He makes a mean breakfast (southwest style, of course. he's mastered the a.m. culinary arts and it has become somewhat of a Saturday morning ritual in our house - bring on the breakfast burritos!)
4. He's so dang good-lookin'! (i've known my husband for about 10 years now and, let me tell ya', i've been through some rough style experiments with him. i've come to realize that if i just smile and pray, "God get me through this," we'll be back on the road to style success in no time at all!)
3. He's a pastor (okay, so technically we don't have an official church yet, but close enough. i knew growing up that i wanted to marry a pastor. don't ask me why. i guess i didn't know that i wanted someone who worked rediculously, crazy, weird, long hours or made close to nothing or was relied upon by people with all sorts of problems or had the highest responsibility to God for shepherding his church or had to spend all sorts of time reading and preparing for a teaching while i just sat there staring at him in anxious expectation of it's completion. but, nonetheless, it's the most amazing, honoring thing to see God use him in the lives of others and to see how much he cares about them)
2. He loves ME (this little in-depth explanation of reason #2, could go on and on, but i'll keep it short for your sake. just knowing he loves me and me alone is a wonderful feeling. i don't have trust issues or fears that he's going to find someone better, although he probably could! in the past 6 years of marriage i have seen him openly and honestly make a purposeful effort to improve areas that we have struggled in. that's something he could only do for me! he has sacrificed his life's calling {ministry} to put priority on our marriage until i was ready and supporting him to continue back in that calling. i've got an excellent man!)
1. He loves Jesus (so this has nothing to do with him being a teacher, youth pastor, mentor, or senior pastor. he just plain loves jesus. he loved jesus when he worked at Einsteins bagels, he loved Jesus when he worked for Light's Lawncare, he loved Jesus when he worked on the kill floor of Moody Meats, he loved Jesus while driving a tow truck and he still loves Jesus now more than ever. He's been my greatest example of someone who has struggled in his early days in his walk with the Lord, but has pursued and stayed steadfast. Because of that the Lord is giving him amazing gifts and talents and he is turning right around and giving them back to the Lord.)



I can tend to be one of those people who's glass is half-empty. When you make a conscious effort to see God's blessings, you are blown away. That's how I feel after writing this blog. The Lord has blessed me in so many more ways than I even realize. I am so undeserving.

No comments: