Friday, December 5, 2008

Nesting


I'm probably supremo nester of the century and I'm getting very impatient for my next abode to release my creativity into. One thing I am super stoked about is moving back to the land of cute little brick bungalows and asthetically pleasing Arts and Crafts homes. I'm not gonna lie, I've already been searching the real estate market in Indy and have come up with quite a lovely selection of properties. This is probably all too premature, but who cares. It works out quite nicely that we are planting a church in the Broad Ripple area, which happens to be one of the cutest little neighborhoods in the whole city. Broad Ripple is complete with it's own artsy downtown area with plenty of tasty restaurants, quaint stores and delish coffeeshops. Not to mention the White River and Monon Trail that offers plenty for the active person. I have found a charmer of a house (note the picture) and hope to see it while visiting in January. This might not be the best idea because I'm sure I will fall in love and, as mentioned before, it's probably too soon. Even if this one is not "the one," there are plenty more to pick from at a later time. Until then, instead of dreaming of sugar plums and white Christmases, I will keep dreaming of wall colors and fabric for curtains.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Perhaps you should buy that house for us! especially seeing as it's already painted all nice and whatnot inside, and I have no creativity in me! And then you guys can come over to enjoy it. :-)

Kristen McG said...

If you really need to get some creativity out, I have several rooms just a-waiting on some motivation. :) Okay, so maybe I've got some ideas formed, but I'm too stinkin lazy to go anywhere with them. I DO need some window treatment help them. I'm a newbie in that department, for sure.
But I love that house you posted a picture of. Oh, and I looked at the pics of your house fm Cville, and it is adorable. You definitely have a knack for decorating!!