Sunday, May 11, 2008

Looking Forward

These past few Sunday's have been bittersweet for me.  On one hand, I love Sunday because it's a day off, but on the other, Monday's daunt me because of my awaiting job.  I am trying to keep a positive outlook for this week.  I am mentally preparing myself to do the best job that I can at work in spite of how grueling it may seem.  I am also trying a new approach to my time with the Lord.  There are a few (major) areas in my spiritual life that could use some "tweaking."  Yesterday, I spent some time writing down what those areas were and journaling about how I will try to grow in those areas.  Each week I will concentrate on one area and read all the of the scripture regarding that issue that I can, read devotionals by different authors and anything else that I can think of that relates to that subject.  I hope to be able to share with you all at the end of the week about my progress.  Also, I plan on starting a prayer list to focus on people in my life that need prayer and also things that Kourtney and I are dealing with personally.  If  you read this blog, please pray for me, as well, that I might accomplish this and that I will grow through this time.

No comments: