Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Prime Example

Today, just two days into my new approach with my time with the Lord, He asked me to put the things He wants to teach me into practice. It was so interesting because I was consciously aware of what was going on! A friend called with some news that was exciting, yet made me a little jealous. This news concerns the very things that I want and I find the hardest to trust the Lord and His timing with. I think of all of the little details on why this or that won't work out in my life because of my circumstances. When I was allowing myself to sink into a depressive state and telling myself "of course that would happen to them, because they are living the life that I want and can't have," the Lord reminded me of the area in my life that He is working on right now. This area is trust and because of my nature, do I have a lot to entrust to Him! I have so many worries and doubts about the future and I knew right away that this area was where I needed to start allowing Him to work first. Very interesting how things are happening....

No comments: